Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wobble Seat Wednesday! New Insight! Donors Choose!

Wobble Seat: Active Seating Alternative.... great for developing core muscles
Click on the picture to go to WobbleSeat.com 

Let's call today: Wobble Seat Wednesday!
The more I share about 'our' amazing Wobble Seats, 
the more interest and excitement builds! 

AND the more questions are asked. 

In my numerous end-of-the-year school visits, I made a special point to bring the Wobbles 
for some "on-site" reality testing!  

These photos are from a recent visit where I worked with children from a 
Mommy-and-Me class of Toddlers, through great big Kindergarten children. 

That's quite a range!
Plus while on campus I was able to have some fourth graders take test drives, too! 

THE NUMBER ONE QUESTION PEOPLE ASK: 
"What size Wobble do I need?" 
I have come to the conclusion that there are three elements 
that guide the answer to that question. 

1. How tall is the child? 
1.b. How long are the child's legs? 
2. How tall are the table/surfaces for working? 

Let's start with the wee-wittles. 
They need the shortest (10") Wobble. 
That's pretty safe to say. 
Here's a two and a HALF year old taking his first wobble-ride. 

Notice the protective hands on the left and then within 7 seconds: total independence! 

Wobble Seat: Active Seating Alternative.... great for developing core muscles

Next up is a 'tall' almost five year old girl. 
I wanted you to see her on both the 10" Wobble Seat and also the 14" size. 

You can see that she is quite comfortable on either. 
The real question? 
How tall is the surface for working? 

Wobble Seat: Active Seating Alternative.... great for developing core muscles
THE BIG MEMO!!! 
Notice as she pulls the 14" White-Wobble up to work at the table, 
she can't comfortably get her legs UNDER the table and work easily. 
For the height of that particular table and the length of her legs, 
she was MUCH more comfortable 'working' from the 10" Wobble Seat.

*I don't seem to have a photo of this same child at the class table? 
The class table and the 14" Wobble Seat were a perfect combo for her! 

Let's pop over to Kindergarten! 
I have a 19 second video of this kinder-guy, 
shown rocking his wobble the whole time while working! 
[I can't seem to figure out how to get it/video out of my phone.] 
You'll have to go see it on my Instagram feed.

Wobble Seat: Active Seating Alternative.... great for developing core muscles

Wobble Seat: Active Seating Alternative.... great for developing core muscles

What I totally didn't expect was that this 14" Wobble Seat 
would be the delight of the Fourth Grade Spanish class that was working informally
and willing/super-eager to 'model' for you! 

Unfortunately, I didn't have the 20" teen version in the car. 
So we don't have that comparison to show you. 

Wobble Seat: Active Seating Alternative.... great for developing core muscles



THE REALLY BIG THRILL? 

We have had our first follower write a Donors Choose project, 
AND GET IT FUNDED!!!
Using us as the "Special Request Vendor." 

The set of 6 Wobbles is headed to TENNESSEE as I type!
Can't wait to get those picture to share!  

Donors Choose Special Vendor Option for Wobble Seats (Alternative Seating)

This avalanche of interest has been sparked in large part by Mary over at Sharing Kindergarten
She started with four Wobbles and then got a DOZEN more just recently. 

I won't put words in her mouth. 
You can read her thoughts and insight here. 

BTW: She got ALL 14" size for her Kinder-kids.


             Mary at Sharing Kindergarten's Endorsement of Wobble Seat Chairs

A couple more details: 

YES! We are willing to process purchase orders! 
YES! The shipping is FREE for orders of 12 or more Wobbles! 

*YES! You are welcome to call and ask questions. 
My husband's phone number is listed on our WobbleSeat.com website! 

Allen (614)598-5532. 
That is his actual cell phone. 
If you wait to call in the afternoon, you won't interrupt his golf game! 

I am convinced MORE all the time, 
that this choice is THE answer for some children! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...