Saturday, March 14, 2015

Praise Report: Strength and Courage = Strong and Courageous!

Strength and Courage Translates into Strong and Courageous! Faith Report

It's Saturday. Lately I've been giving a little weekly wrap up where I count blessings and enumerate some gratitude attitude. If you missed the origination of the NEED for this updating, you'll just have to trust me, when I say that I have spent a lot of time lately on my knees.

This week, I will attempt to 'piece' together one of THE amazingly delightful coincidences, that are the cobblestone punctuation of my entire adult life. I see these incredible bits that litter my days as "God Winks" {thanks to the author SQuire Rushnell for a term of attribution.} 

Let's go back a bit. I am about an inch away from my 8th cancerversary of my original diagnosis. Back in the day I lived morning, noon and night on the chatline speaking in real time with fellow Breast Cancer survivors. Those amazing women kept me sane, informed and connected. We shared all manner of bits from our lives. Then when it would be time to sign off..... we were often in the midst of some heavy duty sharing. It seems rather gauche to just say 'good night' or ttyl or any other short hand. 

I came up with the two words: STRENGTH and COURAGE. Encouraging I hoped for my sistahs up against it big time. At the time our pastor, signed off every week by saying, "Go in Peace, Go in Peace, Go in Peace." Hear that three form benediction always rang true to me. 

So I began signing off in triplicate: Strength and courage. Strength and courage. Strength and courage. 
So that's how things got started. Shorthand for 'hang in there.' Shorthand for 'words fail me.' Shorthand for 'sending you prayers.' 



THEN. This whole latest train wreck rocked our family. Blindsighted. Never in my worst nightmare. I made the image above. As much for me as for my daughter or anyone else. 

THEN. My FB-friend-turned-friend-in-real-life, shared with me in the midst of her tragic loss of her dear family member in a car accident, that my little triple phrase was actually quite "Biblical." She let me know in her own devotional she came across the verse in Joshua 1:9 that spelled out in threefold our being commanded to being strong and being courageous. As an edict. Even in the midst of the unthinkable. 

THEN. I walked into the library of Holy Trinity. I got myself and my gear all organized and then in came the PreK crowd. All in matching t-shirts. We sang and danced and about a minute and a half into our super fun together time, I READ their collective t-shirt. YUP. You figured it out LONG before now! All of those matching t-shirts quote Joshua 1:9!!!

What are the odds I ask you? God Wink! God Wink! God Wink! 

If there is ever any doubt in my mind moving forward, I was gifted my very own t-shirt to remind me that every detail of our lives is held with love in the hands of our Creator. 

A few additional bits of gratitude-details. 

1. Today I gave the KEYNOTE at the 20th Conference of Early Childhood professionals, in Ft. Myers. There's a crazy story about working on the main stage, but let's just summarize, by saying that EVERYTHING went well, when it needed to. At the time we were to get started. We started. Positive. Delightful. Hugs. YEAH GOD! 

2. I personalized my picture book, "You're Wonderful" to a teacher's own son, Seth. We both cried. She started it. Turns out that there are LOTS of kiddos that NEED words of affirmation. I promised her that we'd pray for her story, too. TY on their behalf. YEAH GOD! 

3. This week the FAX came through for the order of Wobble Seats from my #TeacherFriend! Another inquiry came in regarding a LARGE order of wobbles! The Wobbles seem to be winning in generating 'new dollars' out of the clear blue! YEAH GOD! 

4. Got another check in the mail from left field to settle up an old inventory commitment from a company that we hadn't heard from in quite a long time. YEAH GOD!

5. We got to hear the "Spizzywinks (sp?)" for free! They are the Yale underclassmen, to their more famous upperclasmen peers in the 'Wiffenpoofs.' So much fun, enthusiasm, talent and ENERGY! TY TY TY YEAH GOD! 


6. I had a fellow blogger-cyber-friend enlist herself onto my YOUNIQUE Team of Presenters! I shared on FB a little #MascaraMondy rah-rah and snap! Melissa signed up and brings new enthusiasm. YEAH GOD! 

7. I had a cyber-bud purchase my favorite Younique product, UPLIFT via my link! YEAH GOD! 

8. My official Frogstreet Ambassador status has been confirmed and I have been given permission to GIVE AWAY a FREE registration to the summer SPLASH conference! I will get that article together VERY soon, so that you can entered to win! BTW: that's a value of $350!!! Plus you'd get the opportunity to meet me in person! I GET TO PRESENT! YEAH GOD!

9. My fitbit is keeping me sane. I am now well over a month of daily days of walking over 10,000 steps per day. A couple of amazing fitbit tidbits. I have now earned my badge for having walked 25,000 steps IN ONE DAY! Last Sunday. Cra-cra-crazy! I have gotten only slightly 'addicted' to walking those 10K EACH AND EVERY day! In the 14 weeks since Allen gave it to me, I have LOST SEVEN POUNDS! I should write them a LUV letter! This is a conscientious use of time and energy. I have benefits galore from getting more active! YEAH GOD!

10. I am getting closer and closer to my flight north! That means I get to spend an entire week hugging on my WonderPeeps. We will be playing a ton of Scrumble Tag and I have promised to 'count' each and every one, to see how much they have grown since they were here in Florida with us! YEAH GOD! Allen found a bargain, round trip ticket for a song. A piece of luggage will cost as much as my flight: LOL. I already know that this budget flight does NOT include peanuts or any other frills. So I plan to wear a week's worth of clothing in a layered extravaganza.... a whole new fashion statement in the making! But the way I look at it, leaving today's 88 degrees to head for Ohio, I will need everyone of those layers to go all full on tundra. 

That's an overview of the good news and God winks of the week. Oh. Let me leave you with one more glimpse. Here's a little peek from today. This little glimmer of my week, is one that brought me such a sense of delight and appreciation.   



I found these polka-dot classics at JC Penney's this week in the men's department. I took a leap into uncharted territory and got them on a whim, that 'maybe' there would be some feet I love that would be adorned. 

HE DID IT! For my BIG day, BIG keynote, BIG l-o-n-g bunch of happiness, HE WORE THEM! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...