Sunday, June 22, 2014

Patriotic Children's Art Collaboration for Fourth of July Celebration!

OLD GLORY: LONG MAY SHE WAVE!

Patriotic Children's Art Collaborations in Response to "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement

Summer has officially arrived! Which means that the pinnacle of all things summer is just around the next corner. Time now to prepare for your "Fourth of July" festivities! I've gathered some patriotic art collaborations to inspire your summer school and family gatherings. These photos are from my Author Illustrator school visits.

Look at these traced hands that form a massive wreath! Easy peasy!!


Patriotic Wreath made from Cut Hand Tracings at RainbowsWithinReach "HAND" RoundUP

Traced Hands Create a Patriotic Wreath via RainbowsWithinReach

My newest picture book is entitled, "Red, White and Blue." It is a traditional, hardback 32 page book, where the book's text are the lyrics to the original song for children that I wrote by that same name. There is a CD insert in each book. The book's other 'end matter' includes charts for music notation and sign language to support the performance of the song. These are our 'Colorado WonderPeeps' which literally makes my heart sing. 

"Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement at RainbowsWithinReach

I made the illustrations for the book from fabric! 
Do the math! 
32 pages = 16 quilts. 
I wrote the song in the immediate aftermath of September 11th. 
The book took 10 years to come to fruition.
Literally about 5 years of working on the quilts. 
Here's a peek at some of the quilt work. 

"Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement at RainbowsWithinReach

"Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement {Quilted Illustrations from Fabric}

It is such a thrill to see how teachers direct their students in anticipation of my arrival. 
I have had two different buildings great me with LARGE flags, 
where the stars and stripes were created from collaborative art efforts by the students.

USA Patriotic Collaboration: Creating an American Flag via Debbie Clement


USA Patriotic Collaboration: Creating an American Flag via Debbie Clement

USA Patriotic Collaboration: Creating an American Flag via Debbie Clement

Every blue moon, I get to set up my school visit to include my interacting on site WITH the students to create their art response. Here we are in South Carolina at an Arts Impact Elementary, creating squares for a class quilt to go on display after my departure. LUV LUV LUV when the schedule can accommodate some Artist-in-Residency focus! It brings out the old Art Teacher in me!

Artist Residency: Patriotic Response to Picture Book, "Red, White and Blue" (Quilt Squares)

Artist Residency: Creating Art in Response to Picture Books with Debbie Clement

American Flag of painted handprints

As far as I know, this is the first "Anchor Chart" created in anticipation of my arrival. 
Seriously flattered. 
Gotta LUV my kindergarten-friend insight! 

Patriotic Kindergarten Response to "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement



These are Kindergarten creations from Tennessee! 
They provided the backdrop for my presentations from their stage. 
Truly awesome K effort! 

Patriotic Flag Art in Kindergarten in Response to "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement

Kindergarten Art in Response to "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement

Patriotic Stars using Scrapbook Paper Collage via RainbowsWithinReach

Tissue Paper Flags via RainbowsWithinReach

Patriotic Preschool Hearts with Stars via RainbowsWithinReach

Patriotic Weavings in Elementary School Art at RainbowsWithinReach

Fireworks Art Project in Celebration of all things Americana by Kindergarten Students



Patriotic Quilt by 2nd Graders in Response to "Red, White and Blue"





photo of: Monumental Construction Paper Quilt by Carie's Kindergarten Class in Response to "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement

There is also a 'digital download' zipped file available for purchase at Teachers Pay Teachers.

"Red, White and Blue" Digital Download: Song and Support Material by Debbie Clement

Teacher Feedback on "Red, White and Blue" by Debbie Clement

'Red, White and Blue' Patriotic Pinboard Collection by Debbie Clement

Please and Thank you for every pin! 
That's how people *DISCOVER* me! 
I'm very grateful! 
Thanks!!!!

Join my 155,500+ Pin Followers, Click the pic! 

Follow on Bloglovin

Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Homeschooler - TeachersPayTeachers.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...